Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finally!


DSCF6230
Originally uploaded by splumb1us
Would you believe that in all the years I've been making beads, only ONE customer has ever shown me a finished piece with my beads in it. She's actually the same person I'm blogging about today, designer Michelle Plumb.

The pieces Michelle has shown me in the past are... well... personal to her and I just did not feel right sharing her gorgeous jewelry here in such a public way.

But... she's made a piece for the current Fire Diva's Jewelry Challenge and that... I can share! Michelle has done well in our competitions in the past. The thing that makes this piece extra special is the story that Michelle is telling:

Bracelet made with olive green bead set by Fire Diva Holly Dare, brushed vermeil heart beads, lampwork red & green dotted bead, 10mm and 6mm green fire polish beads, gold spacers, bead caps, branch drop and gold vermeil filigree clasp.

My inspiration is from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

"And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

The bracelet depicts the Grinch's transformation, while the dotted lampwork bead on the clasp represents the Whos. The gold branch is the horn the Grinch tied on his dog Max’s head.
What would the holidays be without watching all those wonderful TV specials we grew up with?

----
Isn't that just awesome???

While we only have a few entries so far, ALL are wonderful. There are about three weeks left to enter!! Get busy ya'll!!!

No comments: