Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bolero Glass Bead Necklace


Bolero close up
Originally uploaded by HollysFollyGlass
This is my June 2010 entry into the Art Bead Scene's Monthly Challenge. The inspiration for this month is the painting Marcelle Lender Dancing the Bolero in "Chilpéric," by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.

ABOUT THE ART GLASS BEAD: I found the painting dark but the hem of the dancer's skirt with her leg a twirl reminded me immediately of a delicate flower. I made several of these finding the perfect "peachy pink" shade. The bead is double sided and even stands up on her own.

ABOUT THE NECKLACE: The choker length piece features a sterling toggle clasp and is strung with faceted onyx and interspersed with Swarovski roundels. The facets in the onyx sparkle and give a nice contrast to the sparkle of the crystals. My art glass bead sits nicely at the center of the neck.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is gorgeous, Holly! And as a choker it will get noticed - I love it!