Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crochet Project

I never came back to show you my in class crochet project. I love this pattern because You just chain how ever many you want (I kept this one small - 32 - because of time limitations in class.) You single crochet down the chain and then along the backside of the the original chain and keep going, round and round. As I showed you in the first post, it just turns in on itself! Pretty cool, huh?

You can seam it up the sides or on the diagonal as I did. I like the diagonal because it makes it thicker where you grab the hot pot and it adds a little something to the plain potholder. It's made from cotton - best for the kitchen. You don't want potholders made from something that melts like rayon or poly!

Of course, I had to make something glassy to go with it: a cupcake button!

And naturally, I had to make a few more. In typical Holly fashion... they kept getting bigger! These should be up on the glass bead website later today.


No comments: