Saturday, July 26, 2008

Slow Going

Well, my day job called today. I had some pressing issues to deal with in the shop... like paid for rubber stamp orders. And Sales Taxes are due, so it was a packing and shipping and paperwork day.

It's 5 p.m. and I'm just getting to work on show stuff. The one thing I did accomplish during all the tax paperwork was getting my mailing list / contest entries all printed up for the show.

I like to use the face-to-face customer contact as a way to build my mailing list and email lists. I offer free beads and special deals to my email clients only....their reward for allowing me to put a couple of emails a month in their in box.

And one of the ways I entice them and new customers to my booth is to have something going on in the booth ALL the time. I do that by having an hourly drawing. I give away zipper pulls / cell phone charms, earrings, friction clasp necklaces and even gift certificates to my website. I keep a big board with winners names listed during the whole show in the back of the booth. That makes it fun for me and keeps people coming by the booth.



**************************************

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit Holly's Folly Bead Blog to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the bottom of every post, read this post.

No comments: