Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Art Bead Scene July Challenge Summertime Friends.

In the midst of packing and making beads for the show, as if that isn't crazy enough, and having an earthquake hit while I was torching, I decided to enter the Art Bead Scene (see links on the right) monthly contest. The theme for July is Summer Vacation.

I showed you this piece in the works the other day... it's been in my head for well over a month now. This is how Summertime Friends came together.

I tend to like elaborate designs. But knowing that all my customers may not feel that way, I wanted to design a piece that would have a substantial stand-alone focal which could be "frou-froued" up for a special event.



The seahorse is wire wrapped with sterling silver wire, Swarovski crystals and roundels. There is a loop behind the seahorse which allows the frou-frou bits to be attached.



I love making my own sterling and lampworked tassels and this part of the piece was designed with a tassel feel in mind. There is an octopus, a fish and a starfish as focals in this part of the piece. All were wire wrapped onto sterling chain with Swarovskis and Bali Silver. I used sterling split rings to attach the individual chains to a larger jump ring. I found this was a necessity to give the individual chains more separation. The jump ring connects to a lobster clasp which can then attach to the seahorse or onto a simple chain.




I would love some feedback on this... Do you guys like her???

**************************************

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit Holly's Folly Bead Blog to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the bottom of every post, read this post.

1 comment:

formfireglassworks said...

I love the idea of being able to add to a piece or keep it simple!