Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fun with Fire

Today was a major torch day. I've lost track of what I have in the kiln. I know I made a few big hole beads, some focals, more gingkos (I'm loving that shape!) and I do remember was last focal came out really small... I tore the bead release pretty early on which dictated size. I thought it was rather lovely in spite of my not liking tiny lampwork focals at all.

I started dealing with lights for the show. The last show made me realize that the lights I had were too small and dim. I found new ones I really like and now have to clean the shades and make sure all the bulbs fit and then bubble wrap those.

I also started inventory on the supply boxes from the last show. I like having these hyper-organized before the show. My pet peeve of show set up is when people walk in and lay crap on the table. It makes double work. So I have my boxes numbered and box #1 MUST have table cloths and lights. After that, I don't care what gets put on the table!

Here is one of the focals I made and cleaned the other day.


And, I thought it would be fun to show you the necklace in progress I keep referring to. Stay tuned for more info on that one.




**************************************

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit Holly's Folly Bead Blog to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the bottom of every post, read this post.

No comments: