Monday, July 28, 2008

Packaging and Display

Today, I cleaned bunches of beads, finished my "Showcase Piece" and continues packing show supplies.

I thought I would do a little show and tell of one of my favorite ways to display things for the show. It's always a good idea to give your booth a little vertical display. It adds interest for the passersby and gives the seller more "real estate" to present their wares.

One of the best uses of vertical display I've ever seen was by Bronwyn Heilman. She uses little business cards with her name and website on them. She punches a hole in the card and runs an elastic barb through the hole, into the bead and back through the hole. She adds a little Velcro dot and places several of these onto a vertical display.

Here's my version. I photoshopped the card with my name, website info, email, etc. I chose neutral gray so it wouldn't clash with any of my beads. I also designed a bookmark along this size to hold bead sets.


Here the bead is attached and ready to go.


On the back is the name of the bead and the price.



Here it is on the display.


For travel, I wrap bubble wrap around the board both vertically and horizontally and all the boards get packed in a plastic box. At the show, I unwrap, pop the little display lock into place (keeps the board from falling over) and place it on the table.

**************************************

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit Holly's Folly Bead Blog to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the bottom of every post, read this post.

1 comment:

formfireglassworks said...

Great suggestion, Holly!