Thursday, August 25, 2011

What IS It with Bronze Wire???

I wrote about the antique wedding necklace my niece needs repaired way back in June. I got the delicate wire I needed and made a few initial repairs only to realize that in addition to the 1" on length she needed, the piece also needed a new clasp.

I made one with the 24 gauge wire and quickly realized that wouldn't do the trick. No... this piece needed something heavier. Since I found the 24 g. at Fire Mountain, I went to purchase their 20 g.. Out of stock... til October! I called my local bead store...out of stock. Artistic Wire...out of stock.



What the heck??? Is it due to the popularity of Bronze Clay ( cause who can afford silver anymore???)?? I don't know but it's annoying the heck out of me.

So... If anyone has a few feet to spare, maybe we could work a trade??? If so, please get in touch!!!



No comments: