Thursday, August 18, 2011

Inside My Jewlery Box - Another Hollow

This is actually the very first hollow bead I ever made.  It was a bit off center so I kept it for me. It's purple but covered in places with palladium leafing and the center of the sunflower has the most amazing goldstone.

 It's sparkly and beautiful and I've sold five or six of these just by wearing this one.  It is true... we are the best advertisement of our own work.

After this one, I became obsessed with making hollows and hollow shapes. I love making a hollow heart, drilling one end slightly bigger and filling it with Swarovski crystals and cubic zirconia for extra sparkle and then wiring the whole thing shut! The one below is just waiting in the glass bead shop for someone to come along and add a nice chain...


No comments: