Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Inside My Jewelry Box - Diva Brooch

Still doing taxes...but nearing the end! Whoo Hoo!

I love brooches and it's really a shame I don't wear them much any more. In my days as a Hollywood producer, I kept a litany of nice suit jackets in my coat closet to grab on my way out the door. Long hours...it gets cold at night. Plus, they made me look more "suitable" in meetings.

Every coat had it's own little brooch. An antique Swarovski number rescued from my mother's jewelry box, a dangly metal number that was oh-so-eye-catching. Sadly, I never wear jackets anymore, even when I can be bothered to get out of my pjs! But this piece really caught my eye!

Even though I dabble in fusing... my fusing never had vision! But artist Florence Niven of Niven Glass Originals certainly does. I purchased this treasure from her a few years back. People often stop and ask me where I found it. Her work is available on Etsy.

1 comment:

DVArtist said...

I am a fan of brooches as well. I find that when I wear one I always get ooohhhhs n aaawwwhhhhs. Love this one of yours.
Nicole/Beadwright