Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Halloween Set


 I set out to challenge myself to make a large spider on a piece of candy... and ended up with a Halloween set. As you probably know by now, sets are a happy accident in my world!

I love working with the darker, more muted shades of orange I used in the pumpkins... they say "fall" more than "Halloween."

That glass appears way more striated to my picky camera lens then it does to the human eye...


I also wanted to see if I could make a small (for me!) witch's hat. It was really fun using layers of glass to create the quarter moon bead and the spider legs.


I love sets where I feel myself growing... in a good way! This one is available on Artfire.

2 comments:

Lara Lutrick said...

Cute set, I like the spider bead.

Dee said...

Wow, your work is awesome. Love those halloween beads!