Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shifting Gears

When I get stuck as I have been of late, I often love to take a class to get me out of my own head. While I often take jewelry making classes it's great to take a glass bead class. I find it's good to get out of my own head and just learn something new!

This past weekend while at our local ISGB meeting, I found out that a local artist, Chiharu, was to be teaching her flower focals at The Mandrel the next day.  Still feeling that funk, I decided to take the class and am I ever glad I did. We were supposed to make two beads but learned many more and had ample time to make multiple versions in class.

I also took some purple rods with me and used my spare time to make a couple of hearts for Beads of Courage, which always feels good.

It was a productive day but I won't have the beads to show you for a few weeks because I'm having them mailed with other stuff waiting to arrive.

It's good to shift gears and try new things when you are in a funk. I'm anxious to get on the torch and try my new floral skills.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Createology said...

Wonderful insight and so great that you are once again filled with ideas and desire to create. Happy creating...