Tuesday, September 15, 2009

From Ugly Duckling to Swan

Yesterday, I told you with my obsession that led to making many ugly beads this summer. And through persistence (hard-headedness?), I finally got the kinks worked out. Here's my bead.



And here is what I wanted it for.

Yep, I wanted it for my curly hair! A number of Etsy sellers actually sell their big hole beads as dreadlock beads. And since my hair gets caught in EVERYTHING, I thought it would be fun to have one of my beads for my hair. Plus, I've written at length about my idea of jewelry to wear is to just threading a bead on something andGO!

I can wear it all day. It's so cool and I get lots of commnets. And that mottled blue? It shows up so nicely in my auburn hair.


I'll be back here on http://hollysfollybeads.blogspot.com with my latest listings and more beady news. See you then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!