Thursday, December 19, 2013

Paypal Ship Now

I was talking with another lampworker last week and the subject of shipping to a customer who has paid you without using Paypal came up. Many folks use those pay through the nose by the month services. I've never had money to burn like that. But many mistakenly think that is the ONLY way to have tracking on a first class package. Not true!

Someone told me about Paypal Ship Now years ago. I just sort of assumed everyone knew about it... but it really does seem to be a "secret" link in Paypal. Well... not so secret now. You DO have to be logged in for the link to work.

It's a good thing to know about as we don't ALWAYS receive a Paypal payment for something. I take credit cards via my website. Old friends send me checks. I still get money orders from time to time.  But you can still ship 1st class USPS WITH tracking using that link. The shipping window is almost identical to Paypal's regular shipping window...only the address is black. Fill it in and the rest is exactly the same.

Paypal Ship Now is a very good thing... spread the word!

2 comments:

Maren aka hilobeads aka Palms, Etc. said...

Holly, the USPS website now does first class international too. It's also free.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Right... Paypal Ship Now does NOT offer that just as USPS.com does not offer 1st class shipping.

It will never cease to amaze me how USPS has bastardized their own product! I've told their sales reps at craft shows just as much!