Saturday, August 23, 2008

Beginnings....

I've had a really hectic month. In addition to taking a job in the film industry, doing my first solo bead show, a death in the family, I've been teaching my tushie off! For the past few weeks, it's been a class every two - three days!

Since I often teach in a college setting, I have to bring tools to sell. My jeep turns into a traveling bead shop! Lots of loading and unloading and setting up. And while all of this can be very time consuming, it's also very rewarding.

I taught beginning bead stringing for the first time in a few years this week. It's so fascinating to see these ladies who know they like jewelry or beads but aren't quite sure how it's all put together into wearable art. Their eager faces and excited eyes dance with the possibility of making their own jewelry.

Some come with a few tools. Some have boxes and boxes of beads but have never even thought about making jewelry before. Others have no clue and leave so excited.

So, how did it happen for you? Anyone out there care to comment on their first jewelry making venture?


**************************************

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by CREEKHIKER, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit Holly's Folly Bead Blog to enjoy this content LEGALLY.

If you want to know why this message is at the bottom of every post, read this post.

No comments: