Friday, May 16, 2014

No Muse; No Update

I haven't posted here in a while and felt I should. My muse, my co-worker, my love is gone. My beloved pup, Mabel Lou, passed away last week. My heart is broken. 

 She was always at my side as I made beads. Mabel had two beds in the studio, one beside the torch and one in front to the left (no flying hot glass there!) It hasn't felt right to be there - or anywhere - without her!

Add in that one of her favorite restaurants burned to the ground right after she passed...our neighborhood hangout... and it just feels like too much loss!

I took a job teaching grade school as a sub to guarantee I would have an income and yet not be gone til all hours like my work in the film industry. I just wanted to make sure I got my girl to her creek every single day while still keeping a roof over our heads. I hate this job and now, I'm free to look for something else.

But I've been getting calls almost daily...which I'm grateful for. I spent a fortune trying to save Mabel, then have her cremated. And had some car issues this week...all not cheap. Just very happy, I will have a little pay toward bills. And so very happy to not be home much!

In my efforts to avoid home, I'm also taking some glass classes this weekend. Very thrilled to get some skills from a master, see some glassy friends and get away from our 100+ temps!

So that's where I've been and what's going on... Keep me in your prayers if you will. I know some big changes are coming and it's all a bit much to contemplate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Dear, what a pitty! Sending you big HUGS!!!