Friday, November 15, 2013

Kiln Harvest 11.14 and 11.15

Still working on the Trunk Show, so here's from fresh glass beads to ogle....


And a funny little aside for you. On Glass Beads Daily, when we do a lampwork artist profile on "Space Out Sunday," one of my favorite questions is always, "Do you space out on the torch?" I don't think many answer this question honestly because... we play with fire. My favorite answer so far and the one that rings truest to me is from Aimee Milan of Polychrome Beads. I think EVERYONE spaces out a bit at the torch! My goodness!!! We're waiting (and waiting and waiting) for glass to melt!

I ALWAYS space out! Whether it's thinking of the next bead for what bill I have to pay... my mind WANDERS! And... here is the result:


One of these things is not like the others...  Now you know why I make big beads!


2 comments:

Dzign by Jamie said...

Those are cool!! How do you make those flower headpins? Do you have a tool?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Jamie, I have a bellflower press from Italy....