Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Young Glassblower Leading the Charge Against Breast Cancer

One of the things I adore about working with glass is all the interesting people you meet. This week, I met, via Facebook,  a very fascinating young man... and let me stress the YOUNG part. Theoren Hanks is a very talented glassblower and let me impress you even more by telling you he's 10!

It takes someone really special and wise beyond his years to realize he can't wait another decade to get his hands on a blowing pipe! And thank goodness Theoren found teachers willing to work with him. His glass work is stunning!


But it doesn't stop there. Theoren is also very passionate about breast cancer and has made a series of pink pumpkins and pink hearts to raise money for the cause. You can read more about it on his newly-pink-for-the-occaision website.

Head on over and read about this talented guy, watch his videos and help him raise money for breast cancer!  I hope I get to take a class from him someday!

All photos in this post are the property of Theoren Hanks; used by permission.

No comments: