Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Just a Story

I'm blessed to have a few very dear friends and my best friend lives around the corner. She is often the first to see my beads.... the good ones and the ones that I think are disasters.

Yesterday, as we were running errands, I showed her my latest rejects from the kiln. I was most upset because I got a big order and I need to do remakes of a large focal.  (NOT the one of a kind focal in the photo that has nothing to do with this post!) Because I'm so unhappy with the beads...I'm NOT going to show you those!

Because I've been so busy in the stamp shop, the daily specials on the Fan Page are "Oldies but Goodies!" Sunny is 10% off today for fans only!

In my effort to make a bead from another glasser's tutorial and change it up to be my own, I was leaving out some crucial steps!

My friend sat in her car analyzing my latest failures:

"This one could pass for the old design...hmmmm.. so could this one. But THIS one... I should KEEP!"

And now you know why I love her!

14 comments:

Ana G said...

What a wonderful friend to be able to be together and share what the other is doing and be open about it too. Looks beautiful what you are creating and wish you all the best for it. x

Ana G said...

P.S-This is Ana from www.chanelledcreations.blogspot Hadn't realized am logged into my personal account and not my shop's one. Have a great day!

Mandee said...

You are blessed to have a friend so close to you.

CalliopeCreations said...

Another pair of eyes is invaluable especially those of a friend.

Unknown said...

Friends are the best!

Crystal said...

Aren't friends great for encouragement???

Ruth said...

Friends are always good for bouncing things off of, and most are not afraid to tell you if you need to tweek it somehow, which is why they are our friends to begin with. They tell you how it is.

KatersAcres said...

Friends are one of those things that you just can't do without. I'm so happy that your friend was able to give you her honest opinion & make you smile at the same time!

ariella42 said...

Sounds like a great friend to have around!

Mt. Baldy Glassworks said...

I have friends that I craft and do art with and I am so blessed that when they give me their opinions I can rely on them to be truthful and loving. Friends are such a blessing.

Unknown said...

Good friends are so important!

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

It is perfect to have someone to turn to that will help be a pair of fresh eyes and not be afraid to say what they think!

Desert Shine Jewelry said...

Fresh eyes and a new day always make things look better.

IsabellesAttic said...

friends like that are a blessing to have :O)