First the finished bead:
Here's a before photo clearly showing the problem of the missing frit:
- Take a rod of a similar color and heat it in the flame. You don't need a gather. It just needs to be hot enough for the frit to stick to the rod.
- Roll the rod in the same frit you are using for the bead.
- Heat and dot the frit in the gap area on your bead.
- Don't do a bunch of dots in the same area... you want to spread the color around just as the frit would do.
- Make sure you don't run out of frit... keep heating and dipping the rod as needed.
- Once you get the coverage you need, melt in and do your final shaping.
If you enjoyed this tut and found it useful, please consider supporting the starving artist that wrote it.
My glass beads and tools are here.
My Starbucks account. Click the link and enter my card # 6044305060554270
Thank you!!! I hope you enjoyed this quick fix!