Monday, June 15, 2009

Fighting the Demon

Somedays, I sit at the torch and struggle with everything. Do you ever have days like that?

I just sat and stared at the flame. I had a few things I wanted to try: playing with Double Helix's Aurae and trying to work the those cased flowers I've been so tortured by into my own designs.

It seemed everything just went awry. I loved the Aurae but was afraid of wasting it. It just made me nervous.

And then I just got impatient when, after taking a full hour to shape a heart - very large, layers of color - the flowers I added just didn't measure up. I got impatient and tossed it in the kiln.

I hate days like that. But you know what I've learned? That whenever I do have a torch session like that one, the next session usually yields something amazing! Either a really cool bead or some skill I've been struggling with will suddenly be perfected or greatly improved!

What do you struggle with??? And what do you do to overcome it?

No comments: